The Chesapeake Marine Canvas Fabricators Association, Inc. is an organization of Fabricators that design and manufacture fabric products for the marine industry, as well as the Suppliers who support them. Once a year, the Association runs the largest Marine Fabricators convention in the Mid-Atlantic.
The Board has worked hard this year to provide the attendees with a modern and intellectual program. Hands on demos and networking on Friday, Saturday, and a Sunday Market Day.
- Center Console enclosures with Mike Charlton
- Designing and Fabricating awnings with Steve Hancock
- Bimini valances with Tammy Golden
- The world of foam with Thomas from Foam to Size
- Shade sails and other trends in the industry with David Kuhl and Steve Szenay
Friday night dinner and theme night will be Marti Gras, best voted costume get a $50 GC.
Please take a little extra time to gather photos of work completed for our photo contest. You can enter a job in each of the categories. If you want to prepare ahead, entry forms are on the website under download forms.
The suppliers are anxious to meet with you and may have show specials.
Please plan on attending. The board has worked hard to give you the best convention at the best price.
Lastly a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE, our entire board is up for reelection. Many of us who have sat on the board have been doing this for a long time and quite honestly some new people need to step up. I personally have sat on the board for 16 yrs. and I can no longer take on the responsibility of President (I will assist for 2 yrs. as required). Our Vice President Brett Szalkowski has also sat on the board for a very long time has retired and has moved to Florida and can no longer be involved. This election will be integral to determine how the group goes forward. Please help keep CMCFA moving in a positive direction. See you in February. Steve Hancock – President
About the Hotel: The hotel features views of the Jamestown River, a spacious indoor pool, fitness center, free wifi, complimentary parking and a free shuttle to down town. The hotel is within walking distance of the American Civil War Center, Altria Theatre, Dominion Arts Center and the National.
At this annual event, we conduct seminars, workshops, and lectures concerning our trade, as well as pointers on how to run a small business.
At this year’s convention, you will have the opportunity to:
- Exchange ideas, ask questions, find solutions, and share information with other industry professionals.
- Acquire both new business and technical skills.
- Stay current with the latest techniques, fabrics, supplies, and tools of the trade.
- Visit with the major suppliers of our industry at one location to learn firsthand about new products and obtain new sample books and literature.
Everyone will gain some new information to help them not only in the upcoming spring season but also hope to provide a little fun and entertainment, too!!